The Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic Alliance
Formed in 2004, the Lindblad-National Geographic alliance encompasses these key elements:
- A fleet of five expedition ships that carry the National Geographic name. These ships often act as a platform for National Geographic experts including photographers, writers, field researchers and film crews to visit field sites with guests in tow. Their ships have also hosted forums around current events and world issues, and carried teachers of geography and other subjects on adventures of a lifetime.
- Every departure aboard a National Geographic-flagged ship provides the services of a Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified photo instructor. Their instructors are veteran naturalists and talented photographers, who have completed a certification program created and taught by members of both organisations. These instructors are there to help photo enthusiasts of all skill levels better understand their cameras, and take the best photos of their lives.
- With the help and support of guests, the Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic Joint Fund for conservation and research raises some $750,000 per year to support projects ranging from scholarships for students in the Galapagos Islands, to purchasing tags for scientists studying killer whales in the waters surrounding the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Video chronicler, National Geographic photographer and Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor are available onboard, as well as undersea specialists and divemasters.
- Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic is the official expedition travel provider to Jeopardy! and the Clue Crew. They have a passion for understanding the world. Over the years, they’ve collaborated on enlightening, engaging, and exciting viewers and travellers—with more than 400 Jeopardy! video clues taped on Lindblad-National Geographic expeditions. The Clue Crew has visited some of the planet’s wildest and most inspirational places including Antarctica, Baja, the high Arctic tundra, the Angkor temple complex in Cambodia, the wild fjords of Southeast Alaska, and much more.
Why Cruise with Lindblad Expeditions
Not only does Lindblad offer a wide selection of expeditions, they also provide video chronicler, National Geographic photographer, Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor, as well as undersea specialists and divemasters on the majority of their cruises. These professionals are here to teach passengers about the destinations visited and the environmental issues these might be dealing with. Their National Geographic certification is a proof that they are knowledgeable and seek to both teach passengers and positively impact the environment.
Speak to a cruise expert