A new ship - Koningsdam
The beautiful new 2,658-guest Koningsdam arrived in April, and is already getting some fantastic reviews from our guests. The first in a new, but still mid-sized Pinnacle class, Koningsdam’s blends a fresh, contemporary styling in harmony with Holland America Line’s classic elegance. Interiors by Adam D. Tihany, one of the world’s pre-eminent hospitality designers are inspired by the “architecture of music” – focusing on fluid curves, graceful lines and light-filled places.
The ship features exciting public spaces, venues and innovative new features.
More Culinary Delights
Already known for a wide range of superb cuisine ranging from regional specialties and itinerary-based dishes to traditional favourites, HAL has taken this to the next level with new dining choices and venues for guests to enjoy
In the elegant Main Dining Room, which offers set and “as you wish” dining, guests will find classic favourites and vegetarian choices as well as regionally inspired cuisine prepared by chefs who have been inducted into the prestigious Confrerie de la Chaine des Rotisseurs.
In the intimate Pinnacle Grill, (available on all ships) where tables are set with crisp linens and dazzling stemware, dishes are inspired by America’s Pacific Northwest, such as king salmon from Alaska and responsibly raised beef from Washington state’s Double R Ranch.
The Pan-Asian Tamarind, onboard Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Koningsdam offers exotic menus that evoke the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia, China and Japan, with dishes that honour the elements of water, wood, fire and earth. A new partnership with Top Sushi Chef, Andy Matsuda of the Los Angeles Sushi institute, sees his signature sushi rolls being introduced for guests to enjoy at Tamarind.
A partnership with Master Mixologist Dale “King Cocktail” DeGroff, means that guests can enjoy signature cocktails before or during their meals.
For casual alfresco dining by the pool, Dive-In includes gourmet burgers plus lighter fare, like a grilled chicken breast sandwich and vegetarian-friendly Portabella mushroom stack. Plus crisp Italian salads and made to order thin-crusted pizzas.
A feature on all ships is the Culinary Arts Centre, an innovative show kitchen where guests can enjoy hands on cooking classes and culinary demonstrations featuring regional recipes from our own and guest chefs.
Exclusively on Koningsdam, guests may indulge in dinner in the Culinary Arts Centre, By day a dramatic show kitchen with individual cooking stations, by evening this venue transforms into an immersive farm-to-table experience where chefs prepare artisanal dishes in the show kitchen and guests enjoy each course as it’s freshly prepared with micro-greens cut from the innovative onboard Koppert Cress growing area, a first in the cruise industry.
Exclusive to Koningsdam
Also onboard ms Koningsdam is Sel de Mer , an intimate seafood brasserie offering a contemporary twist on French seafood classics, with à la carte dishes ranging from fresh oysters to salt-crusted whole fish to bouillabaisse. At BLEND, guests will be able to blend their own wine to enjoy at dinner. BLEND is a collaboration with Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington State’s oldest and most acclaimed winery, and will be the only purpose-built wine-blending venue at sea.
Inspired by the company’s Dutch heritage and complemented with blue and- white Delftware, the Grand Dutch Cafe is the perfect place to enjoy a draught lager or an espresso, along with a traditional savoury Dutch snack.
With a beautiful new ship, incredible worldwide itineraries and a host of new enhancements, now is the time to cruise with Holland America Line
Why Cruise with Holland America Line
• Purposely designed to accommodate fewer guests, resulting in more space per guest than any other premium cruise line
• Rich polished woods, fresh flowers and comfortable furnishings create the atmosphere of a fine private home
• Lounges and public areas adorned with museum quality art and antiques
• The teak wrap-around Promenade decks for strolling and enjoying the panoramic views
• Long days and overnights in port allowing time for in-depth discoveries
Spacious staterooms, leisure and enrichment
• Choose from spacious inside, sea-view, verandah staterooms and suites
• All accommodation features luxurious Euro-top beds, Egyptian-cotton towels and bathrobes
• The tranquil Greenhouse Spa & Salon – a haven for rejuvenation and relaxation
• Cooking demonstrations and hands on classes in the Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine magazine
• Digital workshops, powered by Windows®, and the high tech comforts of the Explorations Café, powered by the New York Times
• “On Location” – designed to bring more of your destinations’ local culture both at sea and ashore
Delicious dining and gracious service
• “As You Wish” ® or traditional set dining in the main restaurant, complimented by a menu of classic favourites and inspired choices
• The Lido Restaurant offers relaxed dining featuring fresh, cooked-to-order selections
• The Pinnacle Grill, refined and luxurious, features Sterling Silver Beef and premium seafood
• Canaletto – for informal Italian dining at sea & Pan-Asian Tamarind@
• Award-winning service – from expert table servers to twice-daily housekeeping and nightly turn down service
@ Tamarind available on Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam only
Speak to a cruise expert